ver-sa-tile adj 1: able to do many different kinds of things 2: having many uses
blog noun 1: a web site on which an individual or group of users record opinions, information, etc on a regular basis verb 2: add new material to or regularly update a blog
Somehow, somewhy (that right there is a word my children made up; it’s my favorite of all time) I must have met these requirements because yesterday domestic diva, M.D. gave me this sweet little award. I have to say that last fall when I started this little bit of written word, I was at something of a crossroads. I lost my job (a little “recap” on that here) through no fault of my own, and it left me feeling like an aimless wanderer. I have worked since I was old enough to work- all the time, everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 jobs at a time. When I was let go I hadn’t even taken time off in two years. And then I was just… here.
For a few days I was thrilled to death. Vacation! Yeah!!!! I scrubbed my house from top to bottom. I organized every drawer, dusted every ceiling fan, and baked LOTS of cookies. I spent some much needed time with my little guys and they could not wrap their minds around the fact that I wasn’t gone 9 hours a day 6 days a week. School started, and with the summer behind us and my sweetie at work I felt like I had absolutely no direction.
I have always just done whatever had to be done in order to get by. I have worked more than my fair share of lame-o jobs just to get the bills paid. So I set to looking for just that- a means to an end. Then I had a heart-to-heart with my sister. She said, “What if this time could be different?”
Chad, my ever encouraging boyfriend, caught wind of mine and Stephanie’s little pow wow, and he said, “Do it. If you wanna write, then write. I can handle this for awhile.” Did I ever tell you he’s amazing? He’s amazing.
This blog has been a forum for my thoughts, a place to channel my creative energies, and a really great excuse to bake (my outlet for everything) all the time. I still need a paycheck, but this has been my place to figure out how to figure it out. It’s a special treat for me.
The rules for this award require that I:
- Thank my girl at domestic diva, M.D. for passing on the prize
- Share 7 things about myself
- Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that I enjoy
- Contact the nominated bloggers and let them know I say they win too!
Seven Things About Me
- I never paint my fingernails, only my toes
- I am really, really (I mean really) clumsy
- I love to read. And read. And read some more. In fact I can read while walking(enter klutz factor), or washing dishes, or mixing up a batch of cupcakes. That’s versatility right there.
- When I was a kid I dragged home every stray animal I ever came across- dog, cat, you name it. My parents let us keep them all.
- I live in blue jeans. I wish I had that girl ability to feel casual in a dress, but I don’t.
- Disney movies make me cry. Don’t judge me.
- I’m tall. Like 5’9″ and a little change tall. It’s annoying.
Blogs I Say You Need to Read
* I Am Simply Tia — I think if you gave her a recipe for the Mona Lisa she could recreate it.
* Creative Noshing — her recipes are very user friendly, but mostly when I read her posts it’s like talking to a friend
* filing away cupcakes — she threw a birthday party for her dog. That makes her awesome in my book.
* Main St. Cuisine — a fellow North Carolinian; she makes fancy cooking look do-able (not like Martha Stewart, my personal nemesis)
* The Patterned Plate — first of all, I’m jealous of her dishes. Second, she is a brilliant writer & cook- look. You’ll see.
* I’m Not Hungry, I’m Addicted — I just stumbled on this one the other day. It’s a journal of sorts about her trials with losing weight. Brave.
I realize that my award picks for this are pretty parallel to those I gave the Liebster Award to, but it’s because they deserve it, so deal.
And thank you!