2 hours 17 minutes
1 ½ cups warm water (check your yeast package for exact temperature recommendations)
2 tablespoons molasses
4 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast (2 (¼ ounce) packets)
3 ½ cups all purpose flour (plus more for your work space)
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more to brush on the crust before baking)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir together the warm water and molasses until the molasses dissolve (I like to do this in a liquid measuring cup). Add the yeast and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- If you have a stand mixer, go ahead and add the flour and salt to the mixer bowl and start it on low using the dough hook attachment. If you are working without a stand mixer, quickly whisk together the flour and salt. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Add the olive oil.
- Again, if you are using a stand mixer, let it continue on low for about 5 minutes. If you are working without a mixer, stir together all the ingredients and then knead in the bowl with your hands for 5-7 minutes.
- With floured hands, form the dough into a ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for 2 hours (it should at least double in size). ***See Note***
- To make the pizza, preheat the oven to 525F. NOT BROIL. If you are using a pizza stone, be sure to preheat it with the oven. Scatter a little flour or cornmeal on your pizza peel (if using) or onto your baking sheet. Stretch half the dough to your desired shape. Brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle it with grated Parmesan cheese. Top as desired.
- Bake the pizza for 6- 7 mins.
Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 122 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 280mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 4g