For when you need to get dinner on the table fast! This recipe for Easy Greek Chicken and Potatoes is filling, healthy, and comes together quickly.
So I decided we need to do this thing. I’m calling it Fast Food Friday. And no, I am not talking about the Wendy’s Drive Thru (although I should mention that they have this new salad full of hummus and feta and it’s kind of amazing). I’m going to share some of my super easy throw-together meals with you every Friday. There will not be a ton of photos. Just one. And there won’t be tons of words. Just a few. These are meals that I feed my family. Not set up to photograph beautifully. Not edited in any way. Real food for you – my real people- from me.
This Easy Greek Chicken with potatoes thing we have here is a meal I threw together all fast and furious. There are roasted red peppers, spinach, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. That’s all stuff you can grab in the deli on your way home from work. You can swap black olives for the kalamata olives if it’s what you have on hand. AND I am not above using a store-bought roasted chicken instead of grilling. But I’m including the grilling in the recipe here because that’s how my chicken rolled.
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Greek or Italian seasoning, plus more for the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin cuts cook the fastest)
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (usually about ½ the jar)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cut potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and seasoning and roast for about 25 mins or until golden brown and tender.
- Grill the chicken. Gas grills are fast! You can also use an indoor (George Foreman type grill) or a grill pan on the stove. I'm pretty quick with good old fashioned charcoal. You choose!
- Once the chicken has cooked through, set it aside and heat the last teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the spinach, roasted red peppers, and olives. Cook until the spinach is mostly wilted.
- To serve pile a handful of potatoes on each plate. Top with ¼ of the spinach mixture, then the chicken, and then top each with feta cheese!