It occurred to me the other day that I have never done a round up post. Which seems pretty crazy since there are so many things I come across every day that I can’t wait to make or share. The End of Summer seemed like a perfect opportunity. I am totally craving jacket weather and crunchy leaves. The sky here in North Carolina is EXTRA blue in the fall. I love the smells, the colors… I really love Halloween.
But all these things don’t mean I shouldn’t soak up the last few weeks of hot muggy weather, afternoon thunderstorms, and lazy weekdays. My boys go back to school in a couple of weeks, and I know many of you have kiddos that are already juggling their school year routines. The weekends are still full of promise though, so I am sharing some things that are worth a look before the sun starts setting too early.
Ice Cream!!!!! (Ya’ll know I love some ice cream.)
- No Ice Cream Maker Salted Caramel, Bourbon, Nutter Butter, and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from Averie Cooks
- Reese’s Fluffernutter Ice Cream from Inside BruCrew Life
- Pecan Caramel Ice Cream from My Whole Food Life
- Bananas Foster Ice Cream from The Baker Chick
- Citrus Watermelon Popsicles from Vegan in the Freezer
On the Grill (because everything tastes better cooked over a flame)
- Kicked Up Peachy Baby Back Ribs from Very Culinary
- Cherry Bomb Chicken from Sugar Dish Me
- Jack and Coke Steaks from Amy’s Culinary Adventures
- Grilled Peach Salad with Jalapeno Vinaigrette from Healthy Delicious
- Za’atar Seasoning from @What Jew Wanna Eat
Cool Cookout-ey Sides & Salads (crisp and fresh eats)
- Cucumber Salad from Center Cut Cook
- Italian Pesto Pasta Salad from Chef Madeleine Dee
- Chicken Avocado Salad from Family Fresh Meals
- Quinoa Buffalo Chicken Salad from The Tasty Fork
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps from Be Mindful Be Human
Super Sandwiches & Burgers (handheld masterpieces)
- Shrimp Banh Mi from Creole Contessa
- French Fry Bourbon Burgers from Half Baked Harvest
- Bleu Cheese Burgers from Juanita’s Cocina
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Stacks from Damn Delicious
- White Cheddar Chipotle Chicken Sliders from Simply Scratch
Other Sweets (one is never enough)
- Lemon Squares from The Midnight Baker
- Cookie S’mores from Foodie Crush
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Crisp from Can You Stay for Dinner
- Ice Cream Chimichangas from Diethood
- Strawberry Shortcake Eggrolls from The Domestic Rebel
Doggone Good Drinks (alcoholic & otherwise… drinks for everybody!)
- Brownie Fudge Ice Cream Shakes from Dinner, Dishes, and Desserts
- Vodka Speculoos (tastes like Biscoff Spread!) from Knuckle Salad
- Sweet and Tart Cherry Sangria from Wine & Glue
- Strawberry Lemonade Fizz from Wonky Wonderful
- Summer Punch Recipes from That’s What We Said
For more inspirations and ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
What are your favorite summer recipes? Leave links if you have ’em!
Want Some More?
Get new recipes plus a healthy dose of snarky humor delivered to your inbox each week. It's good stuff y'all.