It is no secret that asparagus is my most favorite spring time vegetable. There are a few other things I love about spring…
Photos, flower envy, and tasty spring asparagus toast courtesy of Sugar Dish Me.
- thick slices of No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread
- one ripe avocado, smashed
- thinly sliced cracked black pepper turkey breast
- poached eggs, cooked to your favorite temperature (I'm an over medium girl! Yolks still halfway runny)
- roasted asparagus and red onions
- To Roast Asparagus and Onions:
- Preheat the oven to 425. Lightly coat a sided baking sheet with olive oil. Trim the asparagus and then cut into 2 inch pieces. Very thinly slice the red onion. Scatter the vegetables evenly across the prepared baking sheet and then drizzle with a little bit more olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse black pepper and kosher salt. Roast in the oven for about 7 minutes, stirring around on the sheet occasionally.
- Lightly toast the slices of No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread.
- Spread each slice of toast generously with the smashed avocado.
- Layer with very thin slices of cracked pepper turkey breast.
- Pile the poached egg on top of that and stack up a small handful of roasted asparagus and onions to finish it off.