In my quest to keep checking things off my holiday to-do list I watched Love Actually this afternoon.
And so, in the spirit of awesome chick flick Christmas movies, I cried at appropriate intervals through the whole entire thing. Chad strategically avoided the room I was in.
But… the joke is on Chad because I have cookies.
Which I will be using to bribe him into the freezing cold damp weather this evening to finish wrapping the trees in the front yard with lights.
These are totally bribe-worthy cookies.
Nutella. Rice Krispies. M & M’s baking bits. And they are mixed up and baked in less than 20 minutes. These cookies are super perfect for last minute get-togethers or fun neighbor gifts. Oh also! Word on the street is that some people don’t really dig Nutella. I can’t say I understand, but I CAN say that peanut butter is also delicious. Or cookie butter. WHAT?! I know. Delicious. Way better than 4 calling birds on this 4th Day of Christmas Cookies.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Mini M & M’s Baking Bits
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugars. Add the Nutella, Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and M & M’s baking bits.
- Form the dough into 1½” balls and space them about 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool slightly before removing them to a rack to cool completely