Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!!! That’s right. These things are addicting.
My kiddos BEG for these things every year when we get down to pumpkin carving and EVERY year I have to stop and think about the oven temperature and all the detail kinds of things. I mean, I dunno about you, but I only hack up pumpkins in the fall. So it’s good to have a reference all in one place.
If you’re like me and need a reference come pumpkin season, file this easy set of instructions away for later.
- It helps to dry the seeds out overnight. I rinse mine and scrub the pumpkin goo off in a big colander. Then I lay them in a single layer between 2 clean kitchen towels.
- I use olive oil in this recipe because it’s fast and simple and heart healthy. BUT. Butter is also deeeelicious. A blend of half butter & half olive oil is a great bet.
- Get creative with toppings!! A little kosher salt and a tiny shake of garlic powder is savory & traditional but I also really like to toss mine in cinnamon sugar!
- You can add roasted pumpkin seeds to this delicious granola recipe.
Be sure to give your pumpkin seeds ample time to dry after washing and before roasting! Overnight is best!
- 4 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Wash the pumpkin seeds.
- Dry the pumpkin seeds. Drying them overnight is even better.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds with enough olive oil to coat them. Spread them evenly in a single layer across a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and garlic powder.
- Roast in the oven stirring occasionally for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Eat the pumpkin seeds!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 6gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
If you LOOOVVVVE fall as much as I do you might also like these recipes…