A classic drink recipe!! Kahlua Mudslides are made with Kahlúa, vodka, Irish cream liqueur, and ice cream!
This post was sponsored by Kahlúa to help promote their Summer Shake Up campaign. I was compensated for the content here, but all opinions are my own.
I dunno what the weather’s like where you are, but here in North Carolina it’s been HOT.
And not just hot, but crazy humid, like my hair has a life of its own and my clothes stick to me.
Clothes sticking to you might just be the worst feeling ever. Ew.
We spent some time wandering around some greenhouses the other day. I love shopping for plants! My other half has a really green thumb. I do okay, but Chad, he is like a plant superhero. So whenever we spend an afternoon sorting through flowers and dirt and baskets, there’s always this moment where he says he would love for us to have a greenhouse someday.
The conversation is all romanticized with thoughts of pretty flowers everywhere and vegetable plants, roadside stands, and spots at the farmer’s market. On this particular day it was especially bad because there was a really nice young couple running the place we were shopping.
I’m on board until I remember that we’ve only been out here for 30 minutes and I am already dying for a cold bottle of water and the air conditioning.
So the greenhouse thing is probably not happening.
What IS happening is Kahlúa. Plus vodka. Plus Irish cream liqueur. Plus ICE CREAM!!!!
Kahlúa is set to shake things up this summer, making appearances at all your block parties, backyard BBQ’s and dinners with friends. I started my Summer Shake Up with this classic Kahlúa mudslide recipe. You guys know how I feel about coffee, so naturally coffee flavored rum in a desserty drink is right up my alley.
Frozen mudslides are kind of like boozy milkshakes which, in my world, is basically amazing.
Summer in our new place is going to be waaaay different from summers past. We have the space to entertain finally, and can’t wait to host birthdays, cookouts, and ice cream parties. You can bet these mudslides will be making an appearance.
Fun Fact: My mom once told me that at Easter dinner my aunt served just a simple scoop of vanilla ice cream with Kahlúa poured over it, and that it was soooo easy and soooo delicious, but also felt kind of fancy. I tried it. She was right.
How are you planning to shake things up this summer?
- 2 ounces Kahlúa
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 3 scoops vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup ice (more if needed)
- chocolate syrup and whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Place the Kahlúa, vodka, Irish cream liqueur, ice cream, and ice in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup around the insides of the serving glasses. Pour the blended mudslide mix into the glasses. Add a dash of whipped cream.
- I typically use shot glasses to measure my pours. If you're cool and have a jigger use that! Use the glasses you will be serving in to measure the ice.
- Freeze your glasses for a little extra chill.
TIP: Chocolate syrup won't coat the side of your glass unless you freeze the glass first!
- Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Blender with 1200-Watt Auto-iQ Base, 72-Ounce Pitcher, and 18, 24, and 32-Ounce Cups with Spout Lids (BL642)
- OXO SteeL Double Jigger
- Libbey 13-Ounce Poco Grande Glass, Clear, 4-Piece
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 611 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 101mg Carbohydrates: 64g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 59g Protein: 4g