Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Pie is a messy fun twist on a brownie sundae favorite. Rich fudge brownies are pressed into a pie plate and covered with your favorite ice creams plus all the toppings!
My kids have 12 days of school left right now and we are getting ready. Or I should say I am getting ready. The sheer amount of groceries we blow through on any given week of summer break is just plain old astounding.
Teenage boys will break you, I swear.
It’s not just the grocery bill that grows (but seriously though HOW do they eat so much more from June to August?), it’s everything. I have to buy more laundry soap, more toilet paper, more paper towels. You’d think they don’t live here for the other nine months.
Can I also point out that I already buy an insane amount of paper towels because of my job (duh), but also because of ALL. THE. DOGS. What I’m saying is that buying more paper towels for me? Is kind of bananas.
And yet, here we are.
Anyway. Let’s talk ice cream pie.
What do I Need to Make Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Pie?
- A pie plate
- parchment paper
- anice cream scoop (<<<—- LOVE that one)
- And ice cream.
- Oh! And toppings.
To get a little bit more specific, I usually start this with a box of brownie mix. You just bake the brownies according to package instructions – cake-like or fudge-like – totally great either way. You can also cut some corners by just buying a package of brownies from the deli at the grocery store.
If you are feeling a little fancy, you can make brownies from scratch. These Starbucks Copycat Double Fudge Brownies. They are pretty next level.
The flavor combos here are endless! My inspiration with this one was my latest froyo creation, which basically consisted of all the fruit and chocolate. Plus sprinkles. The pretzels were a last minute add-on. Sweet + Salty crunch.
Chocolate syrup yields a stickier mess (which is most excellent), while melted chocolate cools and hardens when it hits the cold ice cream.
Whipped cream is a must. So let’s talk about what YOU are putting in your ice cream pie. And while we are at it, I could totally use some tips on satisfying bottomless pit teenage boys. I think I have the mess part covered.
- 1 box brownie mix + the called for ingredients to make the brownies
- 2 (half gallon) cartons of your favorite ice cream
- ALL the toppings! Nuts, fruit, sprinkles, magic shell, etc.
- whipped cream for serving
- Bake the brownies according to package directions and let them cool. You can do this a day ahead if you'd like.
- Line a 9" pie plate with parchment paper. Cut the brownies into squares and place all the pieces in the pie plate. Press them evenly across the bottom and sides to make a crust.
- Scoop the ice cream into the brownie crust. I alternated scoops to mix the flavors up.
- Add your toppings and re-freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.
FUN SHORT CUT! You can skip baking the brownies and can just buy a tin of brownies from the deli at the grocery store.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 326 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 205mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g