Fast and totally refreshing! These easy Mason Jar Margaritas are assembled over ice right in the jar – just pour, shake, and drink! This recipe is for Pineapple Margaritas in a Mason Jar which makes them even better.
How on earth could we celebrate a whole week of tequila without making margaritas?!!! We can’t. Duh.
So I decided to share 2 of my favorite margarita things with you.
1. How to make an awesome margarita without any bar tools — just a mason jar and a lid.
2. Pineapple Margaritas which are my current favorite vehicle for tequila.
I do not have bar tools. It seems like one of those grown up things that I maybe should have acquired by the age of 34 (ack!), but I have to say that they have never been high on my list of must-haves. We don’t make a ton of mixed drinks at home — it’s much easier to just uncork a bottle of wine and call it an evening.
Margaritas are different though! Margaritas are a drink you should definitely definitely make at home.
A basic margarita follows this easy formula: 2 ounces tequila + 1 1/2 ounces Cointreau + 1 – 2 ounces lime juice
That is a recipe you need for your life.
But. I like things a little sweeter. So normally to sweeten a margarita you’d add some simple syrup (a fancy name for sugar water). To make simple syrup you just heat 1 part sugar + 1 part water until the sugar dissolves. But we aren’t doing that today .
A couple months ago I had dinner with my family at this awesome place that serves the best shrimp tacos I have ever had anywhere. My brother ordered a pineapple margarita and after stealing more than a few tastes for market research, I had to attempt to make it happen at home, albeit simplified and slightly less … chic. Or something.
It seriously does not get any easier than this. No fancy shaker. No strainer. No blender. I am a little sad I could not logistically figure out how to salt the rim, but all you have to do is pour, shake, and drink. Which I think more than makes up for it.
- 2 ounces Patron Citronage Orange Liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces blue agave/silver tequila
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-4 ounces pineapple juice (depending on your preference for sweetness and the size of your glass
- Fill a mason jar with ice. (I used an 8 ounce mason jar jug with a handle). Pour the ingredients over the ice. Screw on the lid, shake well, and serve.
- Garnish with strawberries, pineapple slices, and lime wedges if you'd like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g