These easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars have a cinnamon sugar crust that will make you swoon, and require just 15 minutes of work!
It’s official! We are head first into fall!
The days are getting shorter, I’ve bought approximately 654267282 Halloween decoration things, and we have settled back into our weeknight routine. One thing that has yet to change though (at least over here in North Carolina), is the heat.
Which seems really unfair. I’m done with iced coffee; I want a hot triple latte to start my mornings. I want to bake muffins, wear jeans in the yard without melting, and dang do I ever want my flowers to stop dying from heat exhaustion.
So this week I set out to get my fall flavor fix without baking. The oven is still on hiatus for me.
I went all-in and made us a pumpkin spice cheesecake, and decided to get a little creative with the crust. Crushed cookies or sweetened cracker crust were forfeited for… cereal.
For my No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars here I used Malt-O-Meal® Cinnamon Toasters AKA generic Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They gave the crust a snickerdoodle cinnamon sugar flavor without actually adding any additional cinnamon or sugar.
Also!! The bag is 24.4 ounces which means that even though I used 4 whole cups of cereal to make the cheesecake crust, there was still cereal left for my teenage boy monsters to eat in the morning.
I know you guys must be sick of my teen boy appetite complaints by now, but seriously. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH THEY EAT?!
Anyway. Buying cereal by the bag means it lasts more than one morning. Even when you are no-baking with it.
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce can) pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (8 ounce) containers non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Place the cereal in a food processor and pulse until uniform crumbs form. If you do not have a food processor, you can place the cereal in a large Ziploc bag and then crush them inside the bag. Stir together the melted butter and the cereal crumbs together and then press into an ungreased 9 X 13 pan.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugars until fluffy. Spoon in the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in one container of the whipped topping until the batter is fluffy and smooth. Spread it over the crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- After you have chilled the cheesecake, spread the remaining container of whipped topping over the top. Slice into 24 bars and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g
If you are interested in trying one of my other cereal-inspired creations …
Want Some More?
Get new recipes plus a healthy dose of snarky humor delivered to your inbox each week. It's good stuff y'all.