I was going to share these yesterday, BUT.
What had happened was…
Evan and Chad were kind of rough-housing. Because that’s what boys do. I was ten minutes from putting my favorite veggie burgers on the table, homework was done, and it was shaping up to be a pretty nice evening.
Until there was a crash.
And my laptop fell victim to the rough-housing.
I was pretty flipping upset, to put it mildly. So I topped off my very nice glass of red wine, put dinner on the table, and straight up sulked for the rest of the evening. Evan was pretty distressed because it was his crazy running away that dragged my laptop sideways into the floor. Chad felt really extra bad because it was his crazy chasing that provoked Evan’s crazy running… but ultimately it was a pretty freak accident and wasn’t anyone’s fault in particular.
I had to give Evan a big squeeze to calm his little worries.
And now I have one more reason to add to my steadily growing list of reasons for why we need to move someplace bigger and better.
Fortunately, I live with a pretty clever and techno-savvy fix-it kinda guy.
He ordered a new screen; it should be here by Saturday.
And then repairs will be under way.
In the meantime I have this completely ghetto setup involving my laptop being plugged into the desktop monitor while I sit all sideways and weird in this kitchen chair at the desk and try to type. Forgive me if I’m a little short on words for the next few days.
This is a 4-ingredient, 15-minute, healthy recipe. Short and sweet (except sorta salty).
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs (I go for the ones with parmesan cheese, but that's just me)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Toss the green beans in the olive oil to coat evenly.
- Lay them out in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the green beans (see note).
- Bake for about 15 minutes, stirring the green beans around on the baking sheet halfway through to get color all the way around.