Slutty Brownies with a S’mores Oreo Twist! A layer of my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough is topped with S’mores Oreos, brownie batter, and then toasted giant marshmallows. Slutty S’mores Oreo Brownies are on another level of delicious!
A couple of years back, there was a full-on “slutty brownie” craze. If you have had a Pinterest account for any length of time, or followed any food blogs, you know what I’m talking about. It was a slutty brownie bonanza [<<<— party I’d definitely like to be invited to], and while I think I made them a few times at home, I never posted a recipe because I didn’t want to be a copycat (unless I am copy-catting Carrabba’s recipes because that’s necessary).
But then a few weeks ago I was at the grocery store with my oldest, and we were on a rare junk food binge (normally I binge buy produce but Andrew is a bad influence). We rounded a corner and there, occupying an entire endcap shelf, were S’MORES OREOS. At that moment I knew the slutty brownie revival was about to happen.
If I’ve been talking about slutty brownies for 5 minutes now and you still don’t know what they are, let me diagram it for you:
Normally they are sans the giant marshmallows and they call for regular Oreos, but you get the idea.
I used my favorite Chewy Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe for the base, layered in as many S’mores Oreos as I could fit in a single layer, poured in my Best Basic Brownie Recipe, and then stuck all that good stuff in the oven.
Being patient is the hardest part.
Then I gummed up my kitchen scissors by cutting giant marshmallows in half and layering them across the top. Broil just long enough to put a pretty brown on the top of those marshmallows and let those babies cool.
A warning: These brownies are UNBELIEVABLY rich. I had to cut mine into pretty small pieces to even be able to handle them. But they are so worth it. So so SO worth it.
I find that massive scoops of ice cream also help.
- you can use store-bought prepared cookie dough to save time
- you can also use a brownie mix! But you will have leftover batter because it all won’t fit in the pan.
- you CAN use an 8 X 8 baking pan, but will need to extend the bake time a little.
- freeze after cooling for extra easy cutting
- Line a 9 X 9 square baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Generously butter the paper. Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Press the Chewy Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough into the pan. Cover it with a single layer of S'mores Oreo Cookies. Pour the brownie batter on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and place them cut-side down across the top of the brownies. Put the oven on Broil (High) and broil just until the tops are a pretty golden brown. You may need to turn the pan once to brown the whole pan evenly.
- COOL COMPLETELY. Lift the foil or parchment from the pan, peel away from the edges, and slice with a good sharp knife. For pretty layered slices you might want to rinse the knife in hot water between cuts.