Bourbon Caramel Apple Shortcakes are MY FAVORITE! Fluffy little shortcakes topped with sweet cinnamon cooked apples, whipped cream, and bourbon caramel.
Ohhhh haaayyyy. This post dates back to September 2013. Also … I guess shortcakes are definitely not cookies. But whatever because there are 9 puppies at my house.
So back in 2013, when I first made these bourbon caramel apple shortcakes, they were part of a collection of recipes meant to be dedicated to the significant others that tolerate the weirdness that is blog authoring.
If you scroll to the end? There are tons of hilarious interviews plus the recipes that we feed the people that live with us. I should also preface this by saying that Chad is terrible at answering questions. Like… he HATES IT.
Example: Earlier tonight we grabbed some food at Wendy’s because we spent all night at my son’s Christmas concert and also, NINE PUPPIES. Anyway, we all love Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers here so let’s not waste our time with excuses.
Chad ordered some chicken sandwich concoction with sriracha sauce, and the girl at the counter asked if he wanted grilled chicken, crispy chicken, or spicy chicken. MIND MELT. I could see the questionnaire stress all over his give-me-food-now face.
My point is that Chad is a do-er. He’s not a talker. He’s in charge of taste-testing, grocery hauling, and all the weird construction projects I can come up with. He sharpens my knives, fixes all the things I break, and band-aids my cuts because a sliced finger makes me have to put my head between my knees.
I look cross-eyed in this photo. But it’s a good one of my adorable husband. Sacrifice. It’s how we roll.
- What is your favorite blog called? “The only one I read is yours… every once in awhile. “
- What is your favorite prop? “That you use? Um… I can’t think of what all you use. I’m not usually here when you are working on a blog post. Can this be multiple choice?”
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen me do for a blog post? “Take everything in the kitchen out on the porch to get a photo. That’s pretty weird right?”
- If you had your own blog what would you call it? “Chad’s Hot S*#%” (this answer has been censored.)
- What do you do for a living & what are your favorite hobbies? “I’m a welder/fabricator. Eating and sleeping are my favorite hobbies.” Okay besides that because you have a lot of hobbies. ” Well I like riding the rail buggy when it’s not tore up. And flying my helicopter.” (It’s radio controlled. We do not have an actual helicopter.)
- Who does the dishes? “You do.”
- When was the last time you did the dishes? “I washed the dishes the last time I got yelled at… months. It’s been months. I’m not allowed in the kitchen. I’ve been told to stay away.
A man of few words. He gives lots of great inspiration, though.
If you need to do this quickly, store-bought shortcakes will eliminate steps 1-7 and you can always buy whipped cream instead of making your own. Homemade Apple pie topping and bourbon caramel are the crucial elements to this recipe so don't skimp there! Those two steps on the stove will only take you about 20 minutes. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fresh Whipped Cream:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
If you need to do this quickly, store-bought shortcakes will eliminate steps 1-7 and you can always buy whipped cream instead of making your own. Homemade Apple pie topping and bourbon caramel are the crucial elements to this recipe so don't skimp there! Those two steps on the stove will only take you about 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wanna know more about your favorite authors and their other halves? Check out these posts:
Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts shared a Round up of Hubbies Favorites
Katerina from Diethood made Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, and Olives
The idea for this post came from Amanda at i am baker. She did all the hard work collecting links and finding friends to make delicious things.