My favorite lunch box snack! You won’t be able to stop at just one of these Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies! This recipe is also great for using up all the odds and ends in your baking cabinet. A place to put all the chocolate chips, nuts, crushed, cookies, candies, and pretzels you’d like!
School is still in session here in our part of North Carolina for another week. And it’s not just in session– the kids are plowing through the dreaded End-of-Grade tests.
Testing sucks. I don’t know anyone in the whole wide world that gets excited about taking tests. So when my kids get all tangled up in the ugly web of standardized testing, I try to make real life a little more fun and special.
I also let them wear loafy loungey clothes to school. Andrew is not really into it. Because sweatpants at middle school are not cool unless you wear them around your knees or something. He’s a pants-on-the-hips kinda kid, although, he does make some questionable t-shirt decisions.
Anyway, Evan was all about wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt to school. Funny how something so small can make a kid completely happy.
I also like to pack snacks. Happy little test-day pick-me-ups.
Enter the Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
I feel like somewhere along the way someone made up an unwritten rule that says that peanut butter and oatmeal cookies cannot have sprinkles. Of all the recipes I read daily I cannot recall a single peanut butter or oatmeal cookie recipe with sprinkles. And so I had to fix that problem.
I put every good thing I could find in my cabinet into these cookies. Chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, chopped walnuts, raisins, pretzel pieces, Oreo cookies, mini Reese’s cups, and SPRINKLES!!!
But basically you could just put whatever you want in these cookies.
M & M’s would be great. Or crushed up potato chips. Or marshmallows.
I could keep going, but you get the idea.
Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are thick and chewy peanut butter cookies loaded with oats, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, walnuts, raisins, sprinkles, and pretzels! A one-bowl recipe that mixes up in minutes!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned or quick oats
- 2 1/2 cups cookie add-ins (chocolate chips, pretzel pieces, chopped Oreos, raisins, mini Reese's cups, nuts, chips, etc)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or butter it lightly.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda- beat on medium until combined.
- Using a sturdy wooden spoon and lots of elbow grease, stir in the oats, all the add-ins, and sprinkles. Make sure there are no dry oats lurking on the bottom of the bowl!
- Shape the dough into 2" balls- about the size of a golf ball and space them 2" apart on the prepared baking sheet. I only bake 9 at a time to give them a little more space.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the tops of the cookies just barely start to look golden. Let them cool slightly (3-4 minutes) before removing from the baking sheet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
These cookies are thick, chewy, and full of peanut butter flavor with lots of oats and goodies! They were a major hit. I could not keep them out of my face.
They made the little boys super happy at school, too.