A super simple spring beverage made with a Meyer lemon simple syrup and champagne! Meyer Lemon Mimosas are a gorgeous addition to your brunch table and the sweet, tart flavor will carry you right into warmer weather!
One of the most crucial components of brunch: MIMOSAS!!! And these Meyer Lemon Mimosas are going to dance us right through Easter, into Mother’s day, and straight into June.
This recipe is crazy easy — I made a simple syrup with sugar, water, and the juice of two Meyer lemons. Sort of like making lemonade. And then adding champagne. I talked a little bit about my love for mimosas when we made Slow Cooker Blueberry Crunch French Toast. You really can’t beat champagne with a splash of juice for breakfast.
I wish I could get on the Bloody Mary bus, but I don’t love tomato juice, so… I will just continue to be jealous of people that can have bacon in their drinks.
Make a drink!!!
- ¼ cup Meyer lemon juice (about 2 medium Meyer lemons, juiced)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle of champagne
- sprinkles or sanding sugar and Meyer lemon slices to garnish
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the lemon juice, water, and sugar to a simmer. Let it cook until the sugar has dissolved and remove it from the heat. Let the simple syrup cool.
- If you are garnishing your glasses, rub the rim of each with a slice of lemon and then dip in sprinkles or sanding sugar. Add a lemon slice to each glass.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of the lemon simple syrup to each glass. Top off with champagne. Serve immediately.
And if you love Meyer Lemons you’ll also love…
Want Some More?
Get new recipes plus a healthy dose of snarky humor delivered to your inbox each week. It's good stuff y'all.