A super simple spring beverage made with a Meyer lemon simple syrup and champagne! Meyer Lemon Mimosas are a gorgeous addition to your brunch table and the sweet, tart flavor will carry you right into warmer weather!
One of the most crucial components of brunch: MIMOSAS!!! And these Meyer Lemon Mimosas are going to dance us right through Easter, into Mother’s day, and straight into June.
This recipe is crazy easy — I made a simple syrup with sugar, water, and the juice of two Meyer lemons. Sort of like making lemonade. And then adding champagne. I talked a little bit about my love for mimosas when we made Slow Cooker Blueberry Crunch French Toast. You really can’t beat champagne with a splash of juice for breakfast.
I wish I could get on the Bloody Mary bus, but I don’t love tomato juice, so… I will just continue to be jealous of people that can have bacon in their drinks.
Make a drink!!!
Meyer Lemon Mimosas are a spring brunch must-have! These tasty cocktails are made with a Meyer lemon simple syrup and champagne or Prosecco. If you love lemonade, or anything that's a little sweet and a little tart, this is the perfect brunch cocktail.
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice (about 2 medium Meyer lemons, juiced)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 Meyer lemon, cut into 6 thin slices
- sugar or drink rimmer for the rim of the glass
- The most important part of this recipe is making the Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup. Start by bringing the Meyer lemon Juice, water, and sugar to a simmer over medium high heat. You'll need to let it cook until the sugar has completely dissolved. This usually takes 3-4 minutes.
Once the sugar has dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat.
Let the syrup cool completely.
- Garnish your champagne glasses. I like to use colored sanding sugar or small sparkling sprinkles to rim my glasses. It gives the finished drink a fancy touch, and depending on what you choose, you can layer in another flavor. Check out the strawberry flavor in the classic drink rimmers linked below.
Rub the rim of each glass with a lemon wedge. Pour the sugar, sprinkles, or drink rimmer into a shallow dish. Dip the rubbed edge of each glass into the sugar. Sometimes you have to dip several times to get even coverage all the way around.
- Drop a lemon slice into each glass.
- Pour one tablespoon of the cooled simple syrup into each glass, right on top of the lemon slice.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the lemon simple syrup to each glass.
- Top off with champagne. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 0g