A super simple spring beverage made with a Meyer lemon simple syrup and champagne! Meyer Lemon Mimosas are a gorgeous addition to your brunch table and the sweet, tart flavor will carry you right into warmer weather!
One of the most crucial components of brunch: MIMOSAS!!! And these Meyer Lemon Mimosas are going to dance us right through Easter, into Mother’s day, and straight into June.
This recipe is crazy easy — I made a simple syrup with sugar, water, and the juice of two Meyer lemons. Sort of like making lemonade. And then adding champagne. I talked a little bit about my love for mimosas when we made Slow Cooker Blueberry Crunch French Toast. You really can’t beat champagne with a splash of juice for breakfast.
I wish I could get on the Bloody Mary bus, but I don’t love tomato juice, so… I will just continue to be jealous of people that can have bacon in their drinks.
Make a drink!!!
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice (about 2 medium Meyer lemons, juiced)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle of champagne
- sprinkles or sanding sugar and Meyer lemon slices to garnish
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the lemon juice, water, and sugar to a simmer. Let it cook until the sugar has dissolved and remove it from the heat. Let the simple syrup cool.
- If you are garnishing your glasses, rub the rim of each with a slice of lemon and then dip in sprinkles or sanding sugar. Add a lemon slice to each glass.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of the lemon simple syrup to each glass. Top off with champagne. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 251 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 11mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 37g Protein: 1g
And if you love Meyer Lemons you’ll also love…