When you are trying to clean up your food act and all your options seem sad and disappointing, there’s not much flavor incentive to stay on track. Here are 5 Salads That Won’t Make You Hate Your Diet.
New year, new you… er… something like that I think. January is that month where we all vow to change our ways and honor resolutions, and finally knock off those extra pounds. We all promise to stop eating brownies, and cut out the sweet tea, and eat a steady diet of oatmeal and Brussels sprouts for all of eternity.
The only problem is that when you start cutting EVERYTHING from your diet, it can be all too easy to get bored and fall off the wagon. Healthy foods should be fun. They should have flavor. There should be color and texture — and you should look forward to eating good things.
So I went back through my archives and pulled out my 5 FAVORITE Salads That Won’t Make You Hate Your Diet.
- Copycat Panera Power Kale Caesar Salad. Ready in 30 minutes or less. And the Parmesan crisps are amazing. You won’t ever hate having a huge bowl of this.
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps have been pinned hundreds of thousands of times. It is one of my top 5 recipes for 2 years running. Buffalo chicken makes people happy.
- Cherry Almond Chicken Salad – dried cherries, goat cheese, and cherry balsamic vinaigrette. How could you hate this? It’s delicious.
- Asian Chicken Crunch Salad is probably my personal favorite on this list. I decided it needed to happen when every recipe for a creamy oriental dressing called for 1 cup of sugar.
- Greek Chicken Salad with Tangy Greek Dressing. Love Greek salad? Me too. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list here. It’s just a basic marinade for the chicken using pantry staples – it’s also my go-to when we are grilling.
Even if you aren’t joining the masses in an effort the shape up, these salads are part of our regular meal rotation because they are simple to make and taste amazing. Lettuce doesn’t have to make you cringe.
Want Some More?
Get new recipes plus a healthy dose of snarky humor delivered to your inbox each week. It's good stuff y'all.