Ham and Egg Brunch Cups are the perfect pick up item for your morning meal! Puff pastry filled with ham, egg, cheese, and a sweet mustard sauce make easy work of brunch for a crowd!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Musselman’s Apple Butter! All opinions, the original photos, and the original recipes shared here are my own.
Brunch is officially the mean that never disappoints. And the fact that we have hurled ourselves halfway into the year already means that there should be ample upcoming opportunities for even. more. brunch.
So these Ham and Egg Brunch Cups are my gift to you.
I’d also like to clarify that these are brunch cups, not brunch cupcakes.
If you spend enough time surfing Pinterest, you’ll find all kinds of things masquerading as cupcakes – macaroni and cheese, meatloaf– it’s like cake blasphemy, y’all. If you are interested in cake, you need this Apple Butter Spice Cake.
If you need handheld brunch, I have just the thing for you.
Puff pastry brushed with this apple butter honey mustard sauce I made, that complements ham so well that I actually used it to glaze a whole ham (you should totally do this. Just double the glaze part of this recipe).
This recipe is super simple and comes together really quickly! You can feed a crowd without much effort.
A tip on the eggs: “scrambled” is much easier than trying to cook an egg over easy, medium, or well. So if you’re in a hurry, beat the eggs before adding them to the cups. If you opt to cook the eggs to temp because you love a runny yolk, I feel you!
Just know that it will take you a bit longer than you expect to make sure the whites are done.
Ham and Egg Brunch Cups are super simple and so delicious! Puff pastries are filled with a sweet mustard glaze, ham, cheese, and eggs, and baked in muffin cups! The perfect pick-up brunch.
- 1 (17.3 ounce; 2 sheets) package frozen puff pastry
- ½ cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 16 slices honey ham
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 6-8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together the apple butter, honey, and mustard.
- Cut each thawed sheet of puff pastry into quarters and generously brush with the apple butter sauce. Place 2 slices of ham on each piece.
- Next place the pieces into the muffin tin, gently pressing the puff pastry into the muffin cups (it will expand to fill the cups when baking so you just need to be sure to make a well).
- Sprinkle ⅛ of a cup of shredded cheese into each cup.
- If you prefer scrambled eggs (easier), beat 6 eggs with a whisk until they are fluffy and divide evenly between the cups. If you like over easy, medium, or hard eggs, you’ll need to gently push each cup a little further into the tin to make a deeper well.
- Carefully crack an egg into each cup.
- Brush the edges of each pastry with the melted butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F. Reduce the heat to 375°F. Bake for about 15 minutes for scrambled eggs. Over easy needs 20-25. If your puff pastry starts to look too brown but you are worried your eggs aren’t cooked through, you can tent with foil while you continue baking.
- Let the cups cool for 2-3 minutes before carefully removing them from the pan. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 790mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 22g
Musselman’s is the brand I have worked with consistently since launching Sugar Dish Me in 2011. So I have LOTS of great apple butter recipes. You can also find more by visiting their Apple Butter Recipes Page. And follow along in social media for all the newest ideas! Facebook,Twitter, and Pinterest!
Want more? You should check out…