Happy Cookie Swapping! These Pistachio Pudding cookies are soft and chewy, and are the prettiest festive shade of green! An easy drop cookie recipe you will L.O.V.E.
It’s that day again! Food blogger cookie swap day. Your internet is about to be inundated with all the awesome cookie recipes. Last year I made these Peppermint Hot Chocolate Brownie Cookies.
This year I decided to go the drop cookie route again with these Pistachio Pudding Cookies. The color is so festive! And pistachios are always a favorite.
I picked this recipe because the cookies are soft but not delicate — I was pretty certain they would ship well. I only heard back from one of my recipients (who reported they arrived in one piece and that she loved them), but I am pretty sure it’s because Andrew helped me pack up the boxes and I only realized AFTER we shipped that he conveniently forgot to insert my business cards plus hello notes.
Anyway — this time of year my How to Ship Baked Goods post gets a good bit of traction, and I think that having a handy list of recipes you can ship easily makes cookie swapping with those that aren’t near even more simple.
I received these White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Snowman Cookies. They were SO GOOD. Like bold print all caps good. Like I hid them from my family good.
I also got these amazing Ampersandwich Cookies — They were beautiful! Peanut Linzer Cookies with Strawberry Chocolate Ganache. Every bit as amazing as they sound.
The recipe I have for you here is extra easy. I started with my Chewy Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and played around a little. The pistachio pudding makes these incredibly soft and I love the flavor! I did add a tiny bit of green food coloring to get the green right, but that’s a personal preference.
They would taste just as good without it!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package pistachio instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups shelled chopped pistachios
- 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until just combined.
- Mix in the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, and salt. Continue mixing until the dough *just* comes together.
- Stir in the chopped pistachios and the food coloring until the color is distributed evenly.
- About a tablespoon at a time, portion the dough out onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2" apart.
- Bake for 9-11 mins (10 is always perfect for me). Your cookies might look slightly under-cooked - it's ok!!! They are done. Over baking takes away the chewy texture.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
Love a good Cookie Recipe? You should also try…
Want Some More?
Get new recipes plus a healthy dose of snarky humor delivered to your inbox each week. It's good stuff y'all.