This Buffalo Cheese Ball is a recipe that’s perfect for lovers of both cheese and spice. You need just a few ingredients and a few minutes.
My love for all things buffaloed has expanded this week. Y’all know I have a deep love for all things Cabot (to be clear, they don’t pay me to say that; I just actually love them and they send me boxes of cheese a few times a year), and this week I opened up the Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar Cheese.
YES. Hot. Buffalo. Wing. Cheddar. Cheese.
I actually would have been A-Ok with slicing the whole half pound block and eating it with a sleeve of crackers [unapologetically], but then I thought it would be more fun to share with you if I could say more than “eat cheese”.
In this case I am saying “eat cheese ball”.
And before we get too far into this, please know that if you are unable to find the Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar in your grocery store, there’s no need to panic [or send me an email]. You can use your favorite sharp cheddar cheese and might want to up the hot sauce factor a little. Or throw in a pinch of cayenne pepper. GO CRAZY.
If you are looking for other buffalo recipes to sink your teeth into, try these Buffalo Turkey Sliders, these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps (the most popular recipe on Sugar Dish Me since 2014!), these Buffalo Chicken Pretzel Bites, and this Big Bad Buffalo Chicken Salad.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar (see note)
- ¼ cup wing sauce
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped green onions to garnish
- crackers, pretzels, and veggies for serving
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or in a large bowl using a hand mixer with the whisk attachment), beat together the cream cheese and shredded Hot Buffalo Wing Cheddar Cheese.
- Add the wing sauce sauce and beat until combined. Pour the chopped pecans onto a plate.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and scoop out the cheese mixture. Place it on top of the chopped pecans and use your hands to roll the cheese ball around to evenly coat it.
- Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To serve, garnish with the chopped green onions.
Other Cabot cheese-filled recipes include
This Shrimp Scampi Dip that is THE BEST DIP EVER
and this Roasted Jalapeno and Bacon Macaroni.
Want Some More?
Get new recipes plus a healthy dose of snarky humor delivered to your inbox each week. It's good stuff y'all.