Fresh shrimp is quickly sauteed with a little butter and minced garlic. This Quick Garlic Shrimp Recipe is ready in just 5 minutes and smells delicious!
I made this Quick Garlic Shrimp Recipe as part of my post on Easy Tapas Recipes. It tastes amazing, makes the whole house smell delicious, and disappears super fast. I’d recommend doubling the recipe unless you have lots of other food to distract your guests.
You can easily adjust the heat level to your preference and the fresh basil garnish takes it over the top. Save the leftover garlic oil for dipping with bread!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 pound 21-30 count shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- kosher salt and crushed red pepper to taste
- fresh basil to garnish
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the olive oil and the garlic.
- Cook the garlic over medium heat for just one minute, until it's fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the shrimp and turn the heat up to medium high. Add the kosher salt and crushed red pepper. Cook the shrimp for 3-5 minutes until it's pink and cooked through, but not chewy or rubbery.
- Serve the shrimp skewered for easy pick ups, and garnish them with a little bit of the garlic oil drizzled over, plus the fresh basil.
- Reserve the extra garlic and oil from the pan for dipping with bread!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g